Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
When you use the Platform, for example to register to create an account, update your information, sign up for a subscription, use certain features, access or download content, purchase items or enter into promotions, refer others to the Platform, interact with us via third party application or social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, we or our service providers or business partners may collect information that relates to you, including personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, credit card or debit card details, geographic location, mailing address, date of birth, gender, demographic information, photos, videos, and social media account details.
Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you visit or interact with the Platform, ETune, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Platform is accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include information collected in the following ways:
- Log Files: Information is logged about your use of the Platforms, including your browser type, operating system, activations, content you purchase, access, download or burn, access and listening times, the page served and the preceding page views. This statistical usage data provides us with information about the use of the Platform, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Platform, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they “click” on.
It also provides us with information about your interactions with songs, playlists, audiovisual content and other ETune users, as well as advertising and products or services offered through or linked from the Platform.
This information helps us keep our Platform fresh and interesting to our visitors and tailor content to a visitor’s interests.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device when you access or use the Platform; or if you choose to turn on your Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or other geolocation functionality when you use the App, subject to your consent, the App may collect and use your geolocation information.
We may share your location with certain third-parties for analytics and advertising purposes.
If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by going to the setting feature on your Device and changing your preferences. If you do so, certain features of our App may no longer function. You also may stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our App from your device.
· Device Identifiers: ETune may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Platform, including the hardware model and mobile network information. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and includes AD-IDs or IDFAs, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier.
Information Received from Other Sources
We also may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Platform. This includes:
- Social media and interactive services you may choose to connect with
- Third party applications and sites you may choose to integrate
- ETune’s partners and service providers
- Social Media and Interactive Services: If you create an account using your credentials from a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, profile and account information, such as lists of your friends, “likes”, comments you have shared, groups and location, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social media site. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on our Platform to your profile page to share with others within your network.
In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party application or website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connections'” web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third party website or interactive service.
- Information We Receive from You and/or Your Telecom Provider: If you choose to create and/or log in to a ETune account using your SIM credentials through a single-sign-on mechanism, you acknowledge and agree that we will have access to the following information that you may provide and/or hereby consent to be collected from your telecom service provider: mobile number, age range, gender, and unique subscriber ID.
- Integrating Third Party Applications and Sites: You may integrate your ETune account with third party applications and sites. If you do, we may receive similar information related to your interactions with the ETune service on third party application(s) you have chosen to integrate with ETune, as well as information about your publicly available activity on the third party application or site.
- ETune’s Partners and Service Providers: We may also receive information about you from our partners and service providers, (including, for example, business partners, analytics vendors, advertising networks and search information providers) which we use to personalize your ETune experience, to measure ad quality and responses, and to display ads that are more likely to be relevant to you.
- Information We Receive from the Predecessor Application: We may also receive/migrate certain information about you from a previous version or predecessor application that you may migrate and/or upgrade from, to help personalize your ETune experience.
How We Use the Information Collected
We use the information about you to operate and maintain our Platform, and provide you with access to the Platform, including providing customer and technical support, processing payments and transactions, and tailoring content and advertising. ETune will use your information to:
- respond to your questions and requests and provide customer service;
- provide you with access to certain features of the Platform;
- deliver the services you request, process transactions and send you related information;
- verify your identity; communicate with you about your activities on the Platform;
- tailor content, advertisements, offers and promotions offered by ETune and others, and provide news and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- perform market research, Platform analytics and operations;
- personalize and improve the Platform and products, services and advertising (including for third party products and services) made available on or outside the Platform (including on other sites/ apps that you visit), for example by providing personalized or localized content, recommendations, features, and provide advertisements, content or features that match your interests and preferences;
- link or combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs and to provide you with better service;
- contact you with regard to your use of the Platform and interest in certain products and services, and, in our discretion, changes to any ETune policy;
- communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us; and
- for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your personal information (relevant to those purposes) or otherwise with your consent.
We may also use Device Identifiers to administer the Platform, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page movements, help identify, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Cookies and similar technologies enable you to be remembered when using that computer or device to interact with websites and online services and can be used to manage a range of features and content as well as storing searches and presenting personalized content.
- to distinguish you from other users of our Platform and to facilitate site navigation,
- to associate you with social networking sites and, if you so choose, enable interaction between your activities on the Platform and your activities on such social networking sites,
- to personalize your experience while visiting our Platform (such as allowing us to select which content, ads or offers are most likely to appeal to you, based on your interests, preferences, location, or demographic information), including personalizing content from the providers of goods and services that you may be able to purchase through the Platform or otherwise (who may pay us to show you such content) ·
- to collect information enabling digital rights management, and for security purposes.
This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you use our Platform and also allows us to improve our Platform. Similarly, we may use analytics platforms and other tracking technologies to help us track and analyze usage of our Platform, using cookies, pixels and other tracking technologies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies and similar technologies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that and your help screen or manual will tell you how to do this. We also give you information about how to disable cookies her. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website if you do so.
A number of cookies and similar technologies we use last only for the duration of your web or app session and expire when you close your browser/or exit the App. Others are used to remember you when you return to the Platform and will last for longer.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting/Advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our website/App and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We may also work with advertising networks that gather information about the content on our Platform you visit and on information on other websites and services you visit. This may result in you seeing advertisements through our Platform for us and for third parties, as well as seeing our advertisements when you visit other websites and services of third parties.
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so note that our systems are not configured to recognize Do Not Track headers or signals from some or all browsers.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable but, in general, the website may not operate properly if all cookies are switched off. If you do disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on our Platform may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your account(s). In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our Platform. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our Platform.
If you want to disable cookies on our site, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Choose Tools > Internet Options
- Click on the “Privacy” tab
- Select the appropriate setting
- Choose Settings > Advanced
- Under “Privacy and Security”, click “Content Settings”
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
- Choose Tools > Options
- Click on the “Privacy” icon
- Find the “Cookie” menu and select the relevant options
We may allow third parties to serve you ads across the Internet and use third party ad networks providers to help present ads on the Platform using Cookies and similar technologies/. These third parties may collect or have access to your Usage Information. In order to personalize these ads or content, we or a data partner may connect and/or share de-identified demographic or other data about you (received from third parties) either to data you provided to us or to Usage Information collected from you.
Please note that even after opting out of targeted advertising, you will still see advertisements while you’re browsing online, however they will not be targeted and may be less relevant to you and your interests, and we may still track your visits to the Platform for our own analytics, operations and security purposes.
Many network advertising programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive.
Please note that if a third party content provider asks us to show content to users with certain characteristics (for example, women ages 18-24) or a segment of that group (for example, women ages 18-24 who are located in a particular locality) and you respond to that content or click on links embedded in that content, the third-party content provider may conclude that you have the characteristics of the audience that they are trying to reach.
We may process your data if doing so is necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you – this is the agreement between us and you about the use of our Platform.
We may process your data in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights), which we explain in more detail where mentioned in this policy. Our legitimate interests include improving our Platform to keep it fresh and interesting to our visitors, and ensuring that it is working well.
We may process your data with your consent, for example where we would like to share news about exciting features, new options, or other promotional and marketing content. Where we are processing your data based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent to that processing at any time by contacting us at admin@ETune.in.
We may process your data to comply with applicable laws and in cooperation with local law enforcement (for example, in some fraud prevention cases).
Sharing of Information
The information collected or generated through your use of the Platform may be shared by you or by us as described below.
Sharing of Information by You
ETune is a social service that offers many ways to find, enjoy, and share content. Your name and/or username, profile picture, who you follow, your followers, and your ETune user profile will be publicly available.
Your activity on the Platform (e.g., music you listen to, music you share), playlists created or followed, and content you post to the Platform are made publicly available by default and can be accessed by users who follow you or view your ETune profile.
Your activity will also be displayed publicly in third-party search engine results and may appear together with other public profile information, such as your playlists, picture and name and/or username. The information associated with you that is made publically available (such as your photo or user name) depends on your login method. For example, if you do not want your photo to be made publically available in connection with to your email address, you can login by email.
Third Party Platforms
If your ETune account is connected to a third party application or social media platform, ETune may automatically share your activity with that service, including the content you use and such information may be attributed to your account on the third party platform and published on such service.
Likewise, if you log into a third party application with your ETune account, that third party application may have access to certain information such as your ETune playlists and activity.
A third party platform’s use of information collected from you (or as authorized by you) is governed by the third party platform’s privacy policies and your settings on the relevant service.
Sharing of Information by Us
In order to carry out your requests, to make various features, services and materials available to you through the Platform, and to respond to your inquiries, we may share your information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf, such as companies that host or operate our Platform; payment processors; analyze data; provide customer service; sponsors or other third parties that participate in or administer our promotions.
Your information may also be used by us or shared with our sponsors, partners, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, and analytics companies or other third parties in connection with marketing, promotional, and other offers, as well as product information, and for such third party’s advertising, analytics and market research.
We may also share your information with the rights holders that license content to ETune to stream on the Platform.
Your Agreement To Have Your Personal Information Shared
Your information may also be used by us or shared with our subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to the Platform, your information may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets.
Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Data Sharing and Communications
You may always direct us not to share your personal information with third parties, not to use your information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, e-mails or other communications by sending us an email at admin@ETune.in or contacting us by mail at: